Thursday, February 20, 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning

The next time you find yourself out of taco seasoning, don't bother buying those packets! This homemade version is super easy, cheap, and best of all no chemicals, MSG, or yucky stuff. 

Yucky stuff is the term I use for things in my food that I can't pronounce. 

Use this homemade version anytime you would use the packets. I use about 2 Tablespoons of the seasoning per pound of meat, but I tend to use more than that in soups and chilis.



Taco Seasoning

4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
3 Tablespoons Cumin
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Onion Powder

- if you double this recipe then it fits perfectly in a little jelly jar
- use 2 tablespoons of mix per one pound of meat
- use in my Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe, or anytime you want something to have a mexican spice!



No comments: